What Will My Run Look Like?
This is what your run will look like:
- A few days before your run, you will receive your race number in the post *
- Pin your race number to your top before you start and make your way to your start location with your race number pinned on
- Please note, in order to spread out the participants as much as possible, the city of Ghent has asked us to split the start location. That is why there are now 2 start locations:
- Half Marathon: Parking West (Address: Blaarmeersen playground, 9000 Ghent)
- Marathon, 10 km and 5 km: Topsporthal (Address: Zuiderlaan 14, 9000 Ghent)
- You can cross the starting line at a time suitable to you but it has to be within your chosen time slot. So, you are free to start sticking to the 30-minute margin. There will be no starting sound and you will not have to register anywhere else beforehand
- Follow the arrows and signposts relating to your distance
- Once you have run your 5, 10, or 21 or 42 km, you will cross the finish line
- You will receive your supplies and medal in a corona-proof bag
- You have had time to catch your breath? Under normal circumstances, we would love to discuss your amazing performance afterwards, however, this year we must ask you to leave the site as soon as possible
- You can check your result on the website that same evening while savouring your well-deserved Gulden Draak at home
*If you do not receive it on time, please go to the helpdesk on site on the day of your run, and you will be able to collect your reserve number there.
The only reason why the Sofico Ghent Marathon can go ahead is the extra measures that we are taking as an organisation. But we are counting on you too. See below the main rules of thumb that we have listed for you: